There are many reasons why our people choose to work at CQE:
- Generous remuneration, reviewed regularly to ensure we are competitive;
- Great working environment, where the health and safety of our employees is a priority;
- Fantastic team who respect each other and their working environment;
- Established apprenticeship schemes;
- A variety of custom-designed work to build and the opportunity to deliver quality products to our clients.
Currently, there are the following positions available:
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THE BELOW POSITIONS
PLEASE CALL US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION 08 9258 9688
Working as a member of a small team, the successful applicant will report directly to the Blast and Paint Leading Hand and will require the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience in airless and conventional spraying;
- Experience in blasting and painting transport & mining equipment – high gloss;
- Working at heights and in confined spaces tickets an advantage but not essential;
- Forklift ticket an advantage but not essential;
- Good team player with a strong work ethic.
The Workshop Supervisor will be responsible to create and maintain a safe, functional and efficient work environment through the supervision, mentoring and training of the Employees in the Workshop, ensuring that the manufacturing and repair of customer equipment meets schedule and is completed to the highest quality.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be working Monday to Friday 6am to 5pm and occasional Saturday work as required.
- Fabrication, Mechanical or other relevant trade qualification;
- Experience in manufacturing processes and fitting out of transport equipment;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Supervising position;
- Strong communication skills both oral and written;
- The experience to organise and prioritise demands and handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously;
- Self-motivated and driven;
- Basic Computer and administrative skills;
- Current LF Forklift Licence;
- Dogman and/or Basic Rigging High Risk Licence, Confined Space and Working at Heights Training desirable.
Automotive Vehicle Body Builder
Custom Quip Engineering is seeking a motivated and experienced Automotive Vehicle Body Builder (Contractor) to carry out fabrication and other general bodybuilding duties at their Welshpool workshop.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- A great team environment;
- Manufacturing a diverse range of equipment;
- The opportunity to train apprentices and work with a dynamic team;
- Working in a clean, professional and cohesive workshop.
Please note, only those with experience in manufacturing heavy transport equipment will be considered for this exciting role.
1st Year Apprentice Vehicle Body Builder
CQE is currently recruiting 1st Year Vehicle Body Builder Apprentices to join their exciting team.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Genuine interest in working within the steel industry;
- Genuine interest in learning mechanical based skills i.e. hydraulics, pneumatics etc.;
- Good work ethic and keen attitude;
- Ability to take instruction and produce results;
- Current C Class License.
- * Completion of a pre-apprenticeship is an advantage but not essential.